|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  


Standing Tall With The Tall Guy 2

Monday, October 12, 2009

I Lost My Bike

When things go bad, more things go bad.
Nothing surprising.

Yesterday night,
when I was cycling with Aizat to hostel to do project
my bike tyre punctured.
There was something wrong with the tyres already.
The pumping cap was lost some months ago.
So naturally, it gave way.
Po pet po pet all the way to hostel.

Then Mr Calvin so lazy thought that one of the short cut doors
leading to centrepoint was opened.
He decided to park it there.
Who knows the door was locked.
Never mind... my bad.

So I left my bike there
and walked back all the way via the long route through guardhouse.
Then in hostel was scolded by the warden.
Fine. It's totally fine with me. Seriously.
It's 9 pm and there shouldn't be visitors.

Today evening after class
I was excited to get my bike repaired
after hearing that it costs about RM8-13 to fix the tyre.
Then I went to the place I parked my bike.
Nad was there.
I thought she rode the wrong bike...
(Stupid right to have such thoughts?)
Nope, it wasn't my bike.
It's gone.
I search high and low.
Gone.
I remembered I locked my bike.
I always lock my bike when I'm outside.

Anyway, I told myself it wasn't a big issue.
I went to centrepoint to have my dinner.
Pathetic RM2 Nasi Lemak...
The stall person change already.
Didn't even ask me if I want curry chup!

Later, I decided to search for it.
Maybe I parked it somewhere...
But I know of the reality that most likely it taken away as scrap
or picked up by some other people.
I went through all nook and corner
Peering into other people's garages, checking the bushes.
It wasn't there.

Actually ever since I knew I lost it when Nad rode away,
I knew that God has decided it to be lost
To keep me away from using it too often.
Maybe desperate junior needs it. Haha.
After all, it was a free bike from Gabriel, my senior.
It has served me well.
No accidents.
Yeah, occasionally the brake dysfunctions.
But it just so happen that I can control it well too.
In fact I did more harm to the bike I think.
I often leave it under the hot sun near McD.
The seat leather peeled off coz I made it fall down once.

I was willing to let go of it.
I knew I had to pass it away.
Somehow I wasn't willing too.
Somehow I wasn't willing to admit
that I didn't lock my bike...

But I came to my senses after going through the alley.
It's time to walk back...

The sky was threatening.
Wind blowing.
Stomach hungry and yearns for more than pathetic nasi lemak!

Then a gentle breeze blew...
Only then I realised how I've missed
all the walks to college
talking to God...
I Martha-ed for too long.

With a bike I was more concerned about cars and dust
how tiring it is to climb a slope
how fun it is to go down a slope
how scary is it to be chased by a dog
and how yucky it is to cycle over dog poo.
The only thing that I talked to God that time was
"Please grant me journey mercies."
"Oh thank you God for saving me just now!"

So I guess it's time to BE STILL!
Be a Mary again.
So I walked and enjoyed every bit of it.

And the best thing walking back was the sms from Jun Kai:
"Calvin, if u stil haven eaten.
then plz cum to take chan dinner."
I guess I haven't eaten eh? Hehe=p

The bestest of best is
CHAN IS NOT HERE TOMORROW TOO!
Dinner secured.
Plus Aunty Dolly is providing dinner too!
The LORD provides.
He always does. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment