|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  


Standing Tall With The Tall Guy 2

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flying Colours and Marks

Disclaimer: Calvin acknowledges self-praise is universal disgrace.

YO PEOPLE!
I GOT 96 FOR APPLICABLE MATHEMATICS!!!!
WOOHOO!!!!
Finally my prayers and wishes come true
I get a nine-digit marks for Maths.
It may seem stupid why a 13A1 SPM student would rejoice over this.
But people, college maths is not as easy as it seems.
I never failed my maths before in my life till college!

Australians sure know how to set extremely challenging questions
on simple mathematics knowledge.
When you look at the question you'll either have these three reactions:

[1] What on earth is this question?
Quote Nasuha: This question is from HELL.
Faef corrected: "No lar, it's question from heaven! Since you all DIED in that question."

[2] Okay, I understand the question. But how to do wei, BRAIN JAMMED!
Cheh, so easy one to do one.
Most say that after seeing the answers, but real examination time answers don't fall from heaven. The questions want us to DIE first...

[3] Yay, finally a question I understand, straightforward and can do.
But it's only ONE mark, and even the one mark one loses because of carelessness.
So in the end, DIE also.

Every one in AUSMAT has a reason to hate Applicable Mathematics.
However, this time I feel I'M LOVING IT!
(there goes a free advertisement for McD)

This time I BELIEVE I CAN FLY
with FLYING COLOURS!
Never thus far, I scored more than 80 for Applicable Mathematics.
Hope is coming for me
and Mock Exam next week please don't mock me!

Most of all I thank people who without complaint and without ceasing
prayed for me throughout the hectic months of exams and assignment.
Thanks Un Dex, Sarah, Nicholas, and all the CYD people and SAGC
and my bro Caleb and family.
(It may seem funny to thank everyone
before I know whether I fail Mock exams or not,
but I appreciate all of their prayers no matter I pass or fail later
for they are all my bro and sis in Christ.

And yes Daddy in heaven, thank you to You the most
although people might not believe that you helped me in exams
You were there
when Ophelia turned up (TEE 2003:18)
when Bruce and Kylie appeared with their twins (TEE 2004:15 and many more)
when I got stuck in augmented matrix
when my probability of understanding the question = 0
when I realised my intellect is NOTHING...

Thank You for your love that is exponentially distributed (growth style),
never ending, goes on for infinity,
and possess the "lack of memory" feature
on all my procrastination to study and lazying around with Facebook
and NEVER FAIL to comfort me
and love me (plus the discipline).

Oh yeah, thanks for the good marks in Physics, Chemistry and Economics.
It's time to dig into Applicable Mathematics past year questions...
It'll will be hard time raking my brain cells, but worth it to bring You glory.

1 comment:

  1. To those who haven't seen their hard work in the results, it must offensive to hear me testifying an answered prayer. I've no answer to this but to persevere (and yes, it's the most excruciating humble thing to do).

    And I must admit this time the test is relatively easier. Quite a number scored 100, but many "died" in my class as well. All I know God helped me with the Poisson questions which I wasn't at all sure and correct many mistakes that surfaced at the end of exam. Whatever, no point convincing every one. All that matters is that God gets the glory, not me. That's it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete