|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  


Standing Tall With The Tall Guy 2

Monday, September 21, 2009

Dad's Hometown

Well for people for think Kuantan is in Kelantan or Terengganu or Sarawak
They will have no idea where Benta is. It's near KL - Kuala Lipis!
And the state is Pahang. I REPEAT! PAHANG!
Learn some geography people. Pahang is not that ULU!
Coz I'm not! ;=)

So in this rustic little kampung called Benta,
I was first exposed to kampung life.
I bathe in rivers,
saw bamboo sticks more huge and tall than me
(which I one day aspire to be=)
ate lots of fruits
rambutan, duku, jambu, nangka, chempedak
and DURIAN!!!!

This time around the only durian tree in my grandma's house fuited!
It was RAYA KUNYIT or 毛山王 (my uncles said 猫山王 is wrong!)
It's the PERFECT DURIAN!
Said to be originated from a special durian tree Gua Musang (this one is in Kelantan!)
This durian has lots of flesh and small seeds and GOLDEN YELLOW!
Rarely you'll even find a SANG FAN SHU (a spoilt durian)!
And there was a whole bunch of it still waiting on the tree.
Each day, about three durians fall down for my extended family's consumption.

Coupled to that there the Orang Asli King durian aka barbaric people king durian.
And it tasted great! Another PERFECT durian!
They are as great as Orang Asli, I simply love them.
And they are far from barbaric as proven by the durian!

Indeed a great day to feast with durians and my family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment