|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  


Standing Tall With The Tall Guy 2

Friday, September 4, 2009

Moral: Definisi?

Thus says Ms Say,
"Last time I always fail Moral
because I write what I would do SINCERELY."

"There was this question which asked,
'What would you do
if you see a piece of ten dollar note on the road?'"

"I answered truthfully (and naively),
'I will just walk past it and not pick it up
My mother tell me not to pick up money on the road
because it might be hell money for the lonely spirits.
If I take it, the spirit will follow me...'" =.="

It might be just some Chinese superstition,
but what surprised me was what her dad's reaction was
when she showed the Moral exam paper which labelled FAIL.
"Aiyoh, you must LIE one!!!"
WHAT's the definition of moral man?

Moral Education
just simply defeats it purpose
when it seemed to encourage most people to lie in their exams
to fake their moral reports of doing good deeds
to memorise a whole bunch of definitions and score well in exam
but learn little to be a good citizen.
WHAT's the definition of moral?

Then, in college you take that Moral Knowledge
it's even worse!
They throw a whole bunch of philosophical moral ideas
and let you choose which one.
For most, it leaves one in Confusionism
and repugnant to moral...
WHAT's the definition of moral...

Can't they be a little bit more
"Boleh berfikir berdasarkan alasan dan bukti yang nyata dan dapat mengambil tindakan berasaskan pertimbangan yang wajar."???
(Rasional, if you forget your definitions...)

1 comment: