|  Home  |  Navigator  |  Writings  |  Photographs  |  Blogroller  |  The Tall Guy 2   |  


Standing Tall With The Tall Guy 2

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Carpe Durian

Maybe it smells like pig-shit, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock.
But I'm gonna carpe diem, as Mr Kok said,
Seize the days of youth when you can eat TONNES of durians!
Seize the durians! Carpe Durio zibethinus!
Durians, or lest I die!
(Although there are news reports
Of people dying from excessive consumption of durians
there are people like me who are dying of durian deprivation)

Ever since last year, I never tasted durian in raw form.
And if this year I don't get to eat,
It will be five years of durian deprivation in Kangaroo-land
because Kangaroos hate that fruit.
I never get why Westerners hate it so much,
and we Malaysians are whacking away in that hydrogen sulphide-d fruit.
Just do it, Australians!
And life for me in Australia will be more wonderful!

In view of durian deprivation in Kangarooland,
And I was allowed to choose what birthday gift I want from church friends,
I decided to stock up durians in my stomach.
It was great to have the Chinese Ministry people to bake a chocolate cake
and some girls whom I barely know than less a month baking delicious cupcakes for me.
But I "need" durians!
The Lord shall provide all your needs
So the church blessed me with DURIAN RUNTUH!!!
Whack the durians kao kao at some stalls in Sri Muda.
God bless even further for it was a night without rain
And many can enjoy durian under the moonlight!

Thanks Un Dex for sponsoring all the great durians!
Thanks Linus, Michelle, Hui Min, Chee Kean for accompanying me just to eat durian.
Thanks Ivan for coming too although you looked blurred with the durians
and Mrs Elaine Teoh for bravery in attempting to poke the durians and try some.
Of course, Samuel, my very young and cute friend for eating durian like me!
When you go home, don't snatch from Popo and Mummy their durians.
(And Linus, love your comment that
Popo can run to the durians without tongkat, so kua cheong! LOL=)

Durians made my day!
No, SAGC folks made my day!
And thank God for that fruit!
(Hope it's not the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden,
coz Eve will have a hard time carpe durian!)

Okay, time to move forward into durian deprivation period. T.T

2 comments:

  1. "Carpe Durian: maybe it smells like pig-shit, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock. But I'm gonna carpe diem..."

    Colin Kirton: That's exactly what Eve said before she ate of the forbidden durian. Tsk.

    Love that statement.Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha......
    the shell looked like porcupine, you can easilly detect its rotten food smell from miles away and the flesh just looked like shit that had turned yellowish. But, WE JUST LIKE IT!! because it tastes like heaven!

    ReplyDelete